Thursday, March 17, 2011

PLN Week 2: The X Factor

Let me begin by saying that I am not a fan of shows like American Idol, Glee, or America's Got Talent, but I know there are a lot of teachers that believe that programming of this sort can be a great recruiting tool.  Therefor, in the interest of the unimpeded flow of information, here is a link for a new Simon Cowell series much like American Idol.  One of the main differences is that there is no age ceiling.  I know that the age limit for American Idol is twenty-eight (I know, it's beginning to sound like I'm a closet fan.  My sisters love the show)  There is a minimum age requirement of twelve.  Pass it along to any students who may be interested in this or use it for yourself.  I was also hoping to begin a discussion on the educational merits (actual or perceived) of this kind of programming.  Let me know what you think.

Link:  The X Factor

No comments:

Post a Comment