Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Bicycle Built for Two

Hey all,

Here is my posting for the notation assignment this week.  Noteflight is a handy online application for any beginning compose/arranger.  It has any of the tools one would need for a basic notation project.  It is limited in some areas, however.  The drum effects are limited to just a few sounds, and I found it difficult to work on a shared project.  While I was working on my own project the application worked just fine, but it became quite frustrating when I was trying to edit a project shared by more than a few people.  I kept getting kicked out of the project (often when I was trying to save it) and would have to start over from where I last saved successfully.  I would not recommend working on large projects with a lot of people with this application.  I would, however, recommend it for anyone who would like to try their hand at music notation without purchasing an expensive program.  It could also be handy for someone who does not own a computer, but can access one at a library or school.





No comments:

Post a Comment